Our new web site allows users to join online through PayPal. Please click on the “Membership Form” link above to fill out your membership application online. If you have questions regarding membership, be sure to get in touch with us on the Contact page.
If you’d prefer to download a PDF of the Membership form, just click here -> 2013 SDID MEMBERSHIP
- Completion of the NCIDQ Exam.
- Completion of a two or three year degree program in interior design.
- (minimum of 48 semester credit hours)
- Completion of either a four or five year baccalaureate degree program at college level with a major in interior design or architecture.
- (minimum of 48 semester credit hours).
- Any SDID member who is a current Allied Member as of 12-4-2008 and does not meet the above requirements will be grandfathered in as an Allied Member.
Candidates must be employed within a field related to interior design.
Industry Foundation Membership
Industry Foundation Membership is available to manufacturers, suppliers and field representatives who support the profession of interior design. These members are those who wish to network with designers and keep them informed of new product developments, which affect the design profession.
Student memberships are available to students who are enrolled in an interior design program at a school of interior design or architecture.
Educator Membership is open to educators who are actively engaged as department chairs or full-time instructors in a post secondary program of Interior Design education at any university or accredited school of interior design that requires completion of 40 semester credit hours in interior design related courses.
*Professional Members and Allied Members shall be entitled to vote on all matters in connection with SDID, including election of officers. Only Professional and Allied Members shall be eligible to serve as an officer of the organization. All members shall be qualified to serve on SDID committees.
*Qualification as a member, with the exception of Student Members, shall require payment of annual dues. Membership is open to all without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, or national origin.
To review the SDID Constitution & By-laws, click here.